Thursday, May 24, 2012

"Miles To Go Before I Sleep" Mr. Mexico..............

Channel 13 Appearance: Winning on Sunday has given me an opportunity to "Toot My Own Horn" (and yes you can make a joke out of that, you with filthy minds). After Sundays first place finish I was invited to appear on Canal 13 a local television station. Working 16 hour days after the show, Wednesday came hard and fast, the next thing I knew it was 7:30 and it was getting close to departure time as I was told to arrive at 8:30pm for a live broadcast of a Sports Show feature five of us the top finishers in different catagories. I had just finished with my last client and was in the dressing room at "Sport Center Merida" where I work with the best people in the whole wide world. I share my office space with a nutritionist Luis as he had a client during my prep time I quickly hurried in and grabbed my stuff and I carry alot with me especially food and clothing and ofcourse my computers, two that is why good question... on I go. I head into the locker room to change clothes slip on tne posing trunks as I was told be ready to pose. Not knowing what I have gotten myself into. Totally exhausted I complete the clothing change and contemplated whether or not to shave my face as the clock said 8:45pm. I came into the locker room in such a hurry carrying my mobil refrigerator and my computer bag. I had set my computer bag by the sofa in the rest area of the locker room and as I shaved my face from its five o'clock shadow i thought make sure you have everything, I went bag to my locker upon shaving of the mange and grabbed my gym bag with additional posing trunks etc. thank goodness as I did (explain later) I proceed rushing and if the world was comming to an end to prompt and on time as always five to ten minutes early. Which ofcourse caused me to leave behind $3,500 dollars worth of electronic equipment behind. Driving like the Expedition was the Bat Mobile I drove to Canal 13 arriving at 8:25pm. Always on time me "Johnny On The Spot"............. As the first one there I watched my amigos file in. During this time a group of university student began a protest right outside the door and police arrived to contol the situation. My mind went to "Kent State 1972" and "Four Dead In Ohio". Not wanting any problems I was pleased to be ushered toward the studio. Equipment Malfunction: Yes I had my first "Janet Jackson Moment" as I entered the studio I was told to warm up as I will be on in ten minutes. With this news I spray my body with "Hot Stuff" a vasodilator that turns your skin red as well, and begin to to pushups to force occlusion of blood in the muscles. During this posing pre-ritual. I looked down to find my "Junk" hanging out due to overstreched elastic.."Not a Good Thing For a Live Broadcast." So backstage to change and thank goodness for the time to remember the extra bag and trunks.......Close Call.

No comments:

Post a Comment