Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Peanut Butter (The Truth).

Once again; mankind has taken a nutritious good healthy food and have turned into one of the worst things we could consume. My wife thought I had lost my mind as I displayed the grease container (an empty can from the black beans that I included in my Sunday football ritual in Mexico). I had cooked chorizo sausage and drained off the grease. I set atop the refrigerator where it could not be seen. I for years have consumed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before bedtime as I sleep better with food in my stomach. It also is an additional 500 calories, good for a few extra pounds overtime. A period of four days had passed as I was making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and being on the quest for the truth I reached up and grabbed the grease can.

The chorizo grease had remained at room temperature since I put it in the can. I reached up and grabbed the grease can, still mostly liquid form. I do not refrigerate my peanut butter and never have. Realizing that the grease in the can is still a liquid it supports the fact that "Hydrogenated" "Fracturized" "Trans-fats" are plugging up our precious circulatory systems faster than the saturated fat consumed by all eating animal proteins.

This amazing process of hydrogenation makes you the consumer buy the product as it looks pretty (sounds like a possible bad marriage) truth is by making it so pretty we have created a monster killing you slowly, as I'm sure eat peanut butter too.

The remedy:
You can still enjoy peanut butter, look for the peanut butter some consider ugly as the oil separates to the top and of course you have to labor to mix it up with a spoon. You may not enjoy as much as the top selling brands as it more than likely will have less salt and sugar also.
This ugly sister peanut butter has not been "hydrogenated" and is good food for you with the benefits you deserve as a consumer, since you are paying for it.

Moral of the story: Don't let the process of "Hydrogenation" take your life early.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to ask you for more information about this topic Mr. Ed...

    ReplyDelete