Monday, April 23, 2012

Copa De Merida / Finding My Mojo? / Grandpa Getting On His Groove Thing!

The Copa De Merida quickly came and passed. What a great venue the Theater Carlos Aciereto was by far the cleanest nicest experience, that I have had the opportunity to compete in the Yucatan. I competed in the category of Classificado (Absoluto). Being that I had placed second in Mr. Yucatan just about two years ago. I was a bit apprehensive at first but just damn happy to be at the party. I was greeted with a cheerful smile by the promoter Raul Cime at the door as I entered, always eases tension. The Theater was absolutely a great venue as I witnessed a year ago when I watched Vigor Y Fuerza. Dr. Ike arrived and we scoped out backstage to find dressing rooms (professional) a nice place to hang out and prepare for battle. I was quite pleased after past experiences here.
At 50 years of age in a field or competitors 10 years and younger I was more than happy with my short performance. It has been over a year and a half since Mr. Mexico and the experience of 50 competitors in my category placing 6th overall in the 40-50 age group and competing with 2nd place overall winner in all categories. Size always matters and with my height and genetics it is always tough to compete with the big boys but I don’t mind trying…………. My fellow competitors were absolutely wonderful people, humble and not vain it was a pleasure to make their acquaintance.
A Big Physical Ed Thanks for all the support and kind words as they go a long way in my pursuit of eternal youth (or until my death). Big gracias to my amigos Dr. Isaac Trejo, Magdalena, Celia San Roman, Gerardo Mier Y Teran, Zach Williams my son (who endures all I dish out), and to my real trophy in life my loving and adoring wife Deb…………. Shout outs to all my clients for their support for without them I could not compete. Thanks to you have a monetary way of staying strong and in the gym, I can only pass along my advice and tips to living a healthier stronger life in hope that you adhere and are consistent, I can give you amazing results in pay back. A special gracias to my companario Jose Zimora for training as partners every Tuesday and Thursday pushing me into shape for these events and his finacial support as a client for over a year.
Special gratitude to Don Carlos Jorge, Paulina Jorge for the use of the amazing facility at Sport Center Merida there is no better place to train. Julio Molina for your assistance and understanding in the use of pharmaceuticals and sharing honest information to help others not hurt them. Abraham Saade for the supplement account and not breaking my leg or an arm due to paying late (always short but I eventually pay). Tuffy Mafud and Up Vitamins for the friendship as well as the expediency in producing needed product for the show. Salim and Gaby for allowing late payment for great Muscle Pharm product and not Kung Fuing my neck. A big hug to the big guy John McCutchen and his wife Alejandra for keeping my muscles fed and lubricated with amazing hospitality and great times for myself as well as Deb and Zach. Thanks for your friendship it unequalled. Special thanks to Doc Ike as my trainer etc. I would not have shown as well, and could not have asked for a better training partner. I truly call you friend. Doctor Isaac Trejo "My Trainer" and friend.
Salim and Gaby Muscle Pharm Distributors

1 comment:

  1. Hi....So, apparently there is this basic human reaction to fear. It's called the fight or flight response. When something scares us our first response is to run, very fast, in the opposite direction. The second response is actually much harder. It's where you ignore every instinct and instead of running you stay and fight.Read more-BJJ Laois

    ReplyDelete