Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Follow me to Vigor Y Fuerza....





This is it the start, the New Year is at hand. In April of last year I was planning on competing in a local bodybuilding event here in Merida the name of the event Vigor Y Fuerza. After competeing in Mr. Yucatan(Merida)June of 2010 placing 2nd in the over 92 kilo category, Mr. Playa(Progreso)August 2010, and Mr. Mexico(Mexico City) September 2010 placing 6th of 48 in the Masters Category 40 - 50.




Never really ready to compete since my arrival in Merida, and looking at the photos as you can see my brilliant wife cautioned me and said eat more and hit the weights. Previously for the last 10 years I would only Participate in one show a year (NPC Western Regionals)as this gave me time to train well and show my best.



Defying age and realizing my genetics I went on the "See Food Diet" in other words everything I see I eat! Here I am now..........January 1, 2012, a whopping 234 lbs or 104.5 kilos I have gained a total of 44 lbs or 20 kilos since March 2011. Now a "Hefty Hunk of Steaming Junk" able to move a mountain again it is time to become "Lean and Mean" in the next 16 weeks I will change this to a fine piece of art through diligent exercise as well as diet and of course supplements. Let me define supplements.....



In the past it was a diet of medium glycemic carbohydrates, lean meats and a lot of vegetables. Supplemented by creatine,alpha lapoic acid and vanadyl sulfate, injections of testosterone cyponate prescribed by a medical doctor as well as pro hormones. That was then this is now.

Armed with serious steroids and the expert abusers advice and the internet. I make my way toward competing again at age 50 my birthday is February 20 for all those that want to shower me with gifts. A slight problem has arisen. A year ago with little publicity and only a group of people mumbling about upcoming events I learned of the event Vigor Y Fuerza (Vitality and Strength. As I prepare for this show it is necessary to find the date. I've been asking those in the gym and supplement business as to when they think this event will be held.




A month has come and gone January is in the past February upon me busy as always a week ago I spoke with a friend who referred me to the newly appointed coordinators for bodybuilding contest in the Yucatan, I spoke with newly appointed president and got the dates for the first of two events. The first "Copa de Merida" will be held the first week of April and the second (my event ) "Vigor Y Fuerza" is scheduled for May 20th. With the news I have slowed my trainning mostly due to a case of influenza and the fact that I still have 16 weeks to train. I wish I would have known the date sooner as I could have used that additional month of January to gain a little more size (imagine that from above photos). Below are the photos as of Feb. 1st taken in the front yard by my wife, photographer and biggest fan. Notice the change in just 4 short weeks and the "Flu" and the fuller facial hair. Please feel free to tell me if it should go I am all about what I look like.







I look forward to the month ahead and training as I will be celebrating my 50th birthday on the 20th of the month. If possible and time allowing I will try to add a daily post in journal form.

No comments:

Post a Comment